Union County Car Repossession Lawyer

Cranford Auto Repossession Attorney

People need their cars to drive to work, look for a new job, pick their children up from school and perform other critical daily tasks. If you are behind on your car, truck or motorcycle payment and your auto lender is trying to repossess your vehicle, get help from an experienced bankruptcy attorney.

In New Jersey, contact me, attorney Benjamin J. Ginter. For nearly a decade, I have been helping clients throughout New Jersey find solutions to difficult debt problems. I have represented thousands of clients in bankruptcy proceedings, so you can be confident that I will provide the knowledgeable representation you need. To speak with me about auto repossession or any other debt issue, e-mail my law office in Cranford, New Jersey.

Bankruptcy And Auto Repossession

The two most common types of consumer bankruptcy are Chapter 7 bankruptcy and Chapter 13 bankruptcy. I represent clients in both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 cases.

With a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you can restructure your auto debt and pay back your past-due auto debt gradually over a three- to five-year debt repayment plan. In addition, if your car loan is more than 910 days old on the day you file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you do not have to repay any portion of your auto loan that exceeds the current retail value of your vehicle.

With a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you may discharge credit card debts, medical bills and other unsecured debts, thus freeing up money to make your monthly car payment. If you have already had your vehicle repossessed and your auto lender is seeking payment from you for a deficiency, you may be able to discharge the deficiency through a Chapter 7 bankruptcy as well.

The Automatic Stay

When I file your Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy petition with the court, the court will issue an automatic stay order, which temporarily halts auto lenders and auto repossessors from further collection activity.

Contact An Experienced New Jersey Bankruptcy Lawyer

Do not lose your vehicle. Let me put my experience to work for you. To speak with a Union County car repossession attorney, call me today at 908-418-4084 or contact me by e-mail.